If the lushly produced synth pop of Eefje de Visser had to be described in one word, "Bitterzoet", meaning ‘bittersweet’, would certainly be a good choice. But the title of the Dutch singer-songwriter’s fourth album also makes sense from another artistic perspective. Never before has her music sounded this full of longing, yet firmly rooted in the present, confronted with an era that is equal measures fear and hope.
Ethereal vocals waft through aquatic synthesizer soundscapes with the elegance that has always been De Visser’s trademark, but which now truly comes to the fore. The Benelux countries have hailed her as a star for years, and now the rest of us are starting to realize just how much of a pop visionary this woman is.
Eefje De Visser is
* Artist of the year 2020 by Oor Magazine
* Winner of 2 Edisons 2021 'Alternative' & 'Best Album'
* Winner of Best Artist 3FM Awards 2021
* Winner of the Gouden Notekraker 2020
* Winner of Schaal Van Rigter 2020
* #1 in the Belgian charts #3 in the Dutch charts with her fourth studio record Bitterzoet
* Winner of the Buma Award Best alternative album 2020
* Winner of the 3voor12 Award best album 2020
* Winner Red Bull Elektropedia award Best videoclip 2020
* Nominee Anchor Award Reeperbahn Festival 2020
* Winner Grote Prijs Van Nederland 2009